At my church, we set up accountability groups called Life Transformation Groups. The purpose of that is develop intentional and consistent relationships with people who can keep us accountable how God is leading us. These are people that will consistently push us in our relationship.
Structurally, when we meet, there are some great questions that we ask ourselves so as to keep us accountable. I pulled up a list from a church website that I thought would be excellent to share for anyone who is looking to solidify their accountability time.
1. Have you been a testimony this week to the greatness of Jesus with both words and actions?
2. Have you been exposed to sexually alluring material or allowed your mind to entertain inappropriate sexual
thoughts about another this week?
3. Have you been responsible with your finances or have you been consumed with wanting something that
does not belong to you?
4. Have you been honoring, understanding, and generous in important relationships this week?
5. Have you damaged another person by your words, either behind their back or face-to-face?
6. Have you given into an addictive behavior this week? Explain.
7. Have you continued to remain angry toward another?
8. Have you secretly wished for another’s misfortune so that you might excel?
9. Have you spent daily time alone with God in prayer and in the Word this week?
10. Have you left anything hidden in answering these questions?
11. Your personal accountability question:
LTG Prayer Guide
1. Lord, I pray that you draw ____________ to Yourself . (John 6:44).
2. I pray that ___________ would seek to know You. (Acts 17:27).
3. I pray that ________ hears and believes the Word of God for what it really is. (1 Thess. 2:13).
4. I ask You, Lord, to prevent Satan from blinding ________ to the truth. (2 Cor. 4:4; 2 Tim 2:25-26).
5. Holy Spirit, I ask you to convict ______ of his/her sin and need for Christ’s redemption. (John 16:7-14).
6. I ask that You send someone who will share the gospel with ______ . (Matt 9:37-38).
7. I also ask that you give me the opportunity, the courage and the right words to share the truth with _________
(Col. 4:3-6; Eph. 6:19-20).
8. Lord, I pray that ______ turns from his/her sin and follows Christ. (Acts 17:30-31; 1 Thess. 1:9-10)
9. Lord, I pray that _______ would put all of his/her trust in Christ. (John 1:12; 5:24).
10. Lord, I pray that _______ confesses Christ as Lord, takes root and grows in faith and bears much fruit for your
glory. (Rom. 10:9-10; Col. 2:6-7; Luke 8:15)